The Ibadan College of Medicine MBBS/BDS Class of 1988 celebrated their 30th year Anniversary with a number of activities in 2018.
The class collaborated with ICOMAA worldwide and the College to identify a significant need for complete renovation of the Student’s hostels in Igbo-Ora, Ibarapa district of Oyo state. The health center and hostel where generations of medical students, MPH and other students have gone to live and receive hands-on training in public health was in bad need of renovation, and this class of Great UItes came to the rescue
· New furniture was purchased including 50 beds, mattresses, tables & 100 chairs.
· New curtains were fitted on the windows, locks were changed.
· In the Ladies’ hostel; a part of the common room was converted into a modern kitchen
· The Men’s hostel also received a newly constructed and furnished kitchen wing
· New receptionist’s desk & chair
· The sitting room was refurbished and furnished with a 42 inch TV, Cable & a 6-sitter settee
· The facility now has a solar powered perimeter lighting system
· The water supply was reconstructed with the addition of additional water tanks
· The lavatories and bathrooms were completely renovated and laundry facilities were added
This generous donation of over 9 million Naira has transformed Igbo-Ora. The class went further and provided more than 5 million Naira seed money for a research fund for which they are signing a Memorandum of understanding with the College.
On behalf of all the Ibadan College of Medicine Alumni, we applaud the efforts of the class of 1988, and we thank them on behalf of the students and the college for this generous donation to their Alma mater
Click here for more images of the reunion