The Ibadan College of Medicine Alumni Association was born through the Alexander Brown Hall Development Committee inauguration meeting on Saturday 24th April 1999.
On that day the ABH Board set up two sub-committees; one of which to work towards the establishment of the Ibadan College of Medicine Alumni Association. Subsequent activities of the said sub-committee was under the Chairmanship of Dr. B.G.K. Ajayi.
Later, by Saturday 9th October, 1999, the Ibadan College of Medicine, Alumni Association (ICOMAA) was inaugurated and a total of fifty-one thousand, three hundred and ten Naira (N51,310), derived mainly from donations from Alumni, was passed on to the ICOMAA from the Alumni sub-committee.
ICOMAA Worldwide Mission
- To promote the welfare and progress of the College of Medicine, University of Ibadan and of its Teaching Hospital, the UCH, Ibadan.
- To encourage alumni to participate actively in all affairs concerning the University of Ibadan Alumni Association.
- To advance and sustain the pursuit of knowledge in the science of medicine in Nigeria.
- To give recognition to past and present students and staff of the College of Medicine and University College Hospital (UCH) for scholastic and other achievements.
- To provide a forum for free exchange of ideas for the progress of the College of Medicine.
- To initiate and support worthwhile, progressive and viable projects beneficial to the Alma Mater and to encourage other interested persons and groups to do the same.
Learn more at www.icomaaww.org